Monday, September 6, 2010

Washington: I love divine appointments!


I met Washington on the street in Durham. Asked if I could walk with him and talk for a few minutes. He was a little taken aback but said it was okay. Washington said he didn't know if there was a God but "there ought to be." That's what he said. He had never talked to God but had wondered sometimes if there might be one. I walked and shared with him for about an hour. He was nice enough to hear me out, but I still didn't know if I had made any progress with him.

As we were about to part, I said, "Washington, thank you for listening to me today. I needed to talk and you're been a good listener. I feel like I've made a new friend. And, Washington," I said, "I don't think it was by mere chance that we met, I think God brought us together." When I said that, his head turned quickly and he looked me in the eye. "Do you really believe that?" he asked. I said, "I am absolutely confident of it. And then the Holy Spirit fell--I knew the moment it happened--and Washington's heart was pricked. He said I could pray with him and he responded. He made some promises that will remain between him, God, and me.

Pray for Brother Washington to grow in his walk with God. Washington offered ME money (just a little change). Broke my heart. Maybe I should have taken it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment