Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jason wants to do battle with the devil!


This is Jason. He came from South Bronx, New York City, where he barely escaped death many times. He has been shot, stabbed, beaten nearly to death, struck by a car, and the list goes on and on. Jason says unless God had some special purpose for his life, there is no way he would be alive today. The problem is, Jason has never quite understood what that purpose might be.

He believed in God as a child but never came to any kind of personal relationship with Him. When the influences of his world came to bear upon his life, Jason caved in to them and got in all kinds of trouble. He has served time in prison several times and couldn't find an end to the vicious cycle his life was in. He came to Durham to be with his uncle, but nothing changed in his life because nothing had changed in his heart.

Milton (my friend who went witnessing with me today) and I had a divine appointment with Jason today at Liberty and Queen Streets. We talked with him, shared the Lord with him, and prayed with him right there on the street corner. Jason's whole countenance changed in a moment's time.

I asked Jason if he had a Bible and he said he didn't. We promised to meet him back in a few hours with a Bible and to share with him some more. We met this afternoon on Main Street and gave him the Bible. He grabbed it and said, "Now I've got my sword and I'm ready to do battle with the devil!"

Milton and I agreed that God's hand has been placed on Jason's life. I believe he is a mighty warrior in the making. Keep him lifted to the Lord. I'm going to follow up with Jason and do everything God will allow me to do to help in grow in his faith.

I love seeing God work to transform the lives of young men like Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment